The structure of the L&Z lathe, the determination of the setting parameters and the different tools, as well as angles on the tool cutting edge are taught. Special emphasis is placed on safety at work and care when operating the machine. The influence of the cutting material, setting parameters and angles on the tool can be experienced at first hand on simple mechanic's lathes, with the emphasis on safe experiential learning. The trainees practise all common turning processes on conventional machines on workpieces whose complexity is gradually increased.
- Accident prevention regulations; machine operation; theoretical principles of machining, machining and clamping
- Machining process in theory and practice
- Adjustment of the draw & lead screw lathe
- Determining and setting the cutting parameters
- Use of different HSS/ HM tools
- Facing / longitudinal / internal turning
- Production of shoulders, fit sizes, recesses, threads, bevels
- Drilling on the lathe; deburring
- Clamping using a 3-/4-jaw chuck, with fixtures, collet chuck and between centres
- Contents tailored to individual needs are also possible
Approx. 3 weeks, depending on previous knowledge and agreed level of expertise.
€ 850 per participant and module